DIVINE POSSIBILITIES - What we are offered RIGHT NOW! What Are we Be-ing???
DIVINE POSSIBILITIES – What ARE we Offered RIGHT NOW! What ARE we BE-ing?
ALL THINGS TESTIFY OF CHRIST! I add my witness to the MANY witnesses that are Given. We are Eternal Spiritual Light Beings having a Physical Experience.
Everyone of us is in some kind of pain and suffering and challenge – if we choose to see reality instead of illusion, we can only look upon other with compassion and love – never judging or condemning, but choosing to comfort with help and In-Spirit-ation.
WHAT IS God’s Will & PURPOSE OF OUR LIVES? 2 Nephi 2: 15-16 TO choose between living IN the Tree of Knowledge of Good vs Evil, OR to choose to live IN the Tree of Life - God’s Love.
Re-Member that everything that God says to us is in the context of Relationship - with Him and with all others around us. He entreats us to live in relationships of Love and kindness and gentleness and meekness and Morality and ONE-ness with ALL of Life. God “IS” ALL OF LIFE. We may begin to see and understand what our Saviour said: Love our Neighbor AS our Self. The fact is that we are Not separate.
We are living in the last days (of the Telestial world). We ARE IN transition and transformation into a Terrestrial existence. It is happening whether we choose to rejoice in it or hate it or refuse to believe it. We are in the time of Te-Shuv-AH – a Hebrew word meaning Re-Pent-ance. We are living IN “The Lord’s Own Due Time”.
Alma 34: 30 “And now, my brethren, I would that, after ye have received so many witnesses, seeing that the holy scriptures testify of these things, ye come forth and bring fruit unto re-Pent-ance.
31 Yea, I would that ye would come forth and harden not your hearts any longer; for behold, Now is the time and the day of your salvation; and therefore, if ye will repent and harden not your hearts, immediately shall redemption be brought about unto you.
32 For behold, this life is the time for men to prepare, to meet God - to SEE God; yea, behold the day of this life is the day for men to perform their labors.
33 And now, as I said unto you before, as ye have had so many witnesses, therefore, I beseech of you that ye do not procrastinate the day of your repentance until the end; for after this day of life, which is given us.
34 Ye cannot say, when ye are brought to that awful crisis, that I will repent, that I will return to my God. Nay, ye cannot say this; for that same spirit which doth possess you at this time, that same spirit will have power to possess you in the eternal world.”
We may all ask: What spirit possesses me right now? Are we possessed by the Spirit of Fear? Or Judgment? Or Pride and Vanity? Or Blame? Or envy and Jealousy? Or the Spirit of Bitterness and Revenge? Or the Spirit of God – Love, Light, Life, Joy, Peace. We may choose which Spirit possesses us!
We may choose whether this particular life experience is a Gift – or we may De-cide that it’s a test or a Threat.
The gifts of God are not Re-Ceivable by us when we are in fight or “WIN” or “survival” mode.
The Prophet Joseph said: There is not a thing that Joseph knows (or has Re-Ceived) but what the least saint may know as soon as he or she is READY to Re-Ceive.
Re-Ceive is the KEY Word.
D&C 88: 33 “For what doth it profit a man if a gift is bestowed upon him, and he “Re-Ceive” not the gift? Behold, he rejoices not in that which is given unto him, neither rejoices in him who is the Giver of the gift.”
This pertains to the many gifts given us by our Lord and Saviour Jesus, the Lord Omnipotent.
He is the giver of ALL good gifts, the greatest of which are Salvation (D&C 6) and Eternal Life (D&C 14:7). These are the Great Gifts of God – we can not earn them, nor Achieve them, NOR possess them. They are Gifts for us to En-Joy – if only we will come unto Him and Re-Ceive.
2 Ne 2: 2 I know that thou ARE redeemed, because of the righteousness of thy Redeemer; And the way is prepared from the fall of man, and salvation is FREE.
5 And men are instructed sufficiently that they know good from evil. And the law is given unto men. And by the law of Good vs Evil no flesh is justified; or, by the law men are cut off. (The Law Perfects Nothing.) Yea, by the temporal law they were cut off; and also, by the spiritual (Higher) law they perish from that which is good, and become miserable forever.
6 Wherefore, redemption cometh in and through the Holy Messiah; for he is full of grace and truth.
7 Behold, he offereth himself a sacrifice to answer the ends of the law, unto all those who have a broken heart and a contrite spirit;
8 Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah!
Consider the following: Whatever we Re-sist, will persist and grow bigger. This is why our Saviour said: Resist NOT Evil. (Matthew 5:39)
Whatever we focus on (with real intent or with our heart) manifests and grows larger in our life. (Moroni 10:3-4)
We cannot see the Gifts that God IS giving us when we ARE resisting and/or Fighting the Life that God Gifts to us NOW. In nothing doth man offend God except those who confess not the Hand of God IN ALL THINGS!!! (D&C 59:21 Is His Hand in ALL THINGS? Do we each individually “Be-Lieve” that?
We cannot Re-Ceive the Fruit of the Tree of Life (God’s Love) by eating more from the Tree of Knowledge. We are taught that fact everywhere in scripture (and in the Temple). We barr way to God’s Love by our insistence on fighting the fight on the Tree of judgment, and comparison, and Self-ish-ness and fear and pride and envy and jealousy and wants and anger and hate and competition, ladder climbing, One-UP-man-ship. It is “The Tree of Looking Good” and “Achieving Success”.
We cannot overcome war and hate by fighting others.
We cannot overcome envy and jealousy by comparing our Selves with others.
We cannot overcome Self-ish-ness by focusing on the Self – trying to fix the natural man ego Self. We cannot overcome vanity by building Self Esteem.
We cannot overcome a problem in our lives as long as we have the same mindset that caused the problem. The problem cannot be fixed by The PROBLEM. Our Ego Self is the Problem. That’s why we need a Saviour.
Paul said: “Salvation is by (His) GRACE ALONE, so that no man may boast.“ Boasting is what the Self does – always trying to “Look Good”. 2 Nephi 10:24 Ephesians 2:8
A great man once said: Love everyone, just don’t trust the Devil in them. What is the devil within us? – Mosiah 3 & 16 and Alma 42: The Natural man is carnal, Sensual, Devilish – THEE Enemy TO God. What does that mean? The means the natural man Self is our greatest enemy. The word starts with the prefix “EN”. EN means “WITHIN”. The EN-eMe to God is within “Me” – The ego Self.
We cannot overcome the devilish Self by fighting the Devilish Self. We cannot overcome the Enemy TO God by fighting or by trying to Fix the Enemy.
We cannot RE-CEIVE Peace by Fighting our Self, or God, or anyone around us.
The Lord said (D&C 50_24-25 & 123) If you will RE-Ceive My Light, it will grow brighter and brighter until the Perfect Day – by this means you chase the darkness from within you. And we may bring the hidden things of darkness within us and among us “TO LIGHT” by focusing on THE LIGHT. Darkness does not hold a candle to Light – so to speak. Darkness cannot ever have power over Light. Light always reveals the fact that Darkness is only a illusion. And Light obliterates that illusion. And we cannot ever destroy His Light or His Love, regardless of what weapons or power we might try to use. We can only refuse to Re-Ceive His Light and His Love.
***King Benjamin did not say to FIX the Natural Man or to make the Natural Man righteous – he said: PUT OFF the Natural man Self THROUGH At-One-ment with Christ.
D&C 67:12 Neither can any natural man abide the Presence of God, neither after the carnal mind.
No matter how good or righteous we try to make our natural man self, our Natural man can never abide in The Presence of God – it must ultimately be “Put off”, or crucified, or laid down in the grave, or abolished - by being laid upon the altar of Christ.
We cannot find a new perspective by viewing life with the same old perspective – from our outlook high atop the Tree of Knowledge – or in the upper levels of the Great and Spacious Building.
We cannot extinguish the fires of hell in our minds by fueling them with our guilt or by thinking we can overcome the Hell that we ourselves have created. He said: If you BELIEVE IN ME, the gates of Hell shall NOT PREVAIL against you.
Self is the very cause of our Sin and our Sin-Fulness. Focus on Self is the cause of every Sin.
Re-Pent means to Turn back (from focus on Self) to God - complete focus on God with faith and trust in God. D&C 88: 67 And if your eye be single to my glory, your whole bodies shall be filled with light, and there shall be no darkness in you; and that body which is filled with light comprehendeth all things.
The Focus on Self is Sin. To Repent is to focus on God, whereby we are filled with Light and comprehend all things. The opposite effect is realized when we focus on Self – for the Natural man Self cannot EVER understand the things of God. (D&C )
Self Righteousness & Judgment of others is the pinnacle of focus on Self – that is why the Prophet Joseph said: The Righteousness of Man IS SIN – the Greatest Sin.
What is the solution to that Greatest Sin? Turn back to God! Re-Pent!
We cannot overcome the challenges in our lives until we take personal responsibility for them – that means to stop blaming others. We will never become Blame-Less until we choose to stop Blaming. We cannot overcome Strife by striving to overcome strife.
We cannot find Love by trying coerce others to give it to us. We will not experience the Love we seek until we gift it to others.
We cannot make our self look good by making others look bad. The Gift of Life is NOT given to us to Climb the Ladder to Heaven, and beat others, but to experience enough bitterness doing that, to see the contrast of Loving and helping others to BE the Eternal Divine Spiritual Beings that we all ARE.
We cannot gather His sheep by beating them into submission, but by pointing them to “The SHEPHERD” – He is the ONLY ONE who can guide them and love them and feed them.
We cannot overcome spiritual Drugs by continuing to inject them into our minds.
We cannot solve the spiritual problem in our lives by Physical, mental, emotional, military, legal, political, OR monetary means or supposed solutions. The spiritual problem in our lives is that we are focused on our Selves – the Natural man Enemy TO God. And that is why we do not Come un-TO God, and that is why we do NOT “SEE” ourselves IN God’s PRESENCE RIGHT NOW. He said: I am the Vine – you are the branches ON the Vine – you can do NOTHING without Me. Ye shall SEE that I AM, that ye have SEEN Me, that I AM THE TRUE LIGHT THAT IS IN YOU, and You ARE IN Me, otherwise ye cannot Abound, exist, Thrive! D&C 88:50
Alma 22:14 says: Since man (all men and women) has fallen, (they) can merit NOTHING of themselves. (we think it was Adam that fell – the name Adam means “Man” – we all have fallen into the telestial world by choosing the perspective of the Tree of Knowledge every day of our lives.
All things testify of Christ – and His salvation and His Gift of Eternal life for us.
We cannot recover the understanding of the Divine Being that we ARE by focusing on our Natural man Self or our problems, nor by judging our Self and others nor because we see Life as a Threat or a Test.
We cannot Re-Turn to Oneness with God by focusing on exalting our Self into our Own God.
We cannot choose His At-One-ment by insisting on being separate from Him.
We cannot SEE God by focusing on our own Self.
We cannot SEE God’s Eternal Life by trying to BUILD and Achieve our Own eternal Life.
We cannot save our Self from our Self-ish-ness by trying to fix our Self.
We cannot ENTER the mansion that Jesus has already built for us, by spending our attention on building our own mansion.
We cannot Enter into Heaven by telling others that we cannot Enter Heaven until we have perfected Our Selves. That is a blatant rejection of the offering and covenant of Christ – to perfect us by His Grace. Mor. 10:32-33
We cannot “MAKE” our calling or election sure by trying to prove to God how “GREAT” or “righteous” we are. That is not righteousness – that is SIN.
NOW HERE ARE THE POSSIBILITIES THAT CHRIST HAS OFFERED US: 1. THE GIFT OF HIMSELF as our Bridegroom, He is the Heavenly Gift, HE is the MORE EXCELLENT WAY.
2. He invited us to freely Come unto Him and be cleansed EVERY WHIT, made Holy, pure and spotless BY HIS GRACE. Mor. 10:32-33
His ARMS of Love are outstretched Still – saying: Come unto Me – all ye HEAVY laden, and I will Give you My Rest. Matt 11:28
3. He has offered the Gift of RE-Pent-ance – Grace, Peace - to be embraced in the Arms of His Love, for His divine Power HATH Given us ALL THINGS that pertain to Eternal Life and Godliness- through Knowing Him who hath called us into His Glory and Light – that we might Re-Ceive (Partake) of His Divine Nature – 2 Peter 1:1-4
4. He offers the Gift of Faith, the Gift of Salvation Through His Love, The Gift of Eternal Life.
The wages of Sin (Living for Self) is Death, but the Gift of God is Eternal Life, Love, Light through Jesus Christ, our Lord Romans 6:23; 2 Peter 1:1
5. He offers the Gift of Conversion – To be “Born” again, anew, to “SEE” His image in our countenance, to Re-Ceive His MIGHTY CHANGE of Heart – to Sing the Song of Redeeming Love. See Alma 5
6. He invites us to continue to BE His sons and Daughters. He cherishes us each individually. Nothing can separate us from His Love – ever.
7. HE has gifted us weakness – so that we may be humble and IF WE Choose to BE humble, to see our NOTHINGNESS, and LOOK UNTO HIM, then HE makes us Strong. Ether 12:27; 37
8. He offers The Tree of Life Perspective or the state of BEING LIFE – IN His Love. HE IS THE TREE OF LIFE – and we may RE-CEIVE Him IN THIS LIFE!!! To Re-Ceive the Bread and Waters of Life FREELY – the Tree of Life. Alma 32-33; D&C 132,
9. He offers to Win our souls by His Love. He offers to make us Righteous – by His Grace and Mercy.
10. He offers TO perfect us BY His Grace as long as we do NOT deny His Power or refuse His Love. Moroni 10:32-33
11. TO Re-Deem us by His Merits – to BE the Church OF the Firstborn, to Commune with Him, to be OF God. D&C 10: D&C 50, D&C 107
12. IF we believe in Him and His Mercy and Power, He offers to save us from our own foolishness and pride, and be Gifted Eternal Life – The Greatest of ALL the gifts of God Alma 11:40 D&C 14: 7 D&C 6:
13. He Entreats us to Enter into His Rest – the Fulness of His Glory – His Presence – WHILE IN THIS WORLD - AND THRU ALL OF ETERNITY.
14. He entreats us to “BE” ZION – to BE PURE IN HEART (not lifted up to Vanity) - RIGHT NOW!
15. He invites us to choose TO SEE and Enter into Heaven RIGHT NOW - if we will choose to lay down our Self Life and be RE-Born a whole NEW Creature Through Him. John 3:3-5 That is the Symbol of Baptism. Everyday is a RE-BIRTH!
Where is Heaven? The Kingdom of Heaven cometh NOT with observation, but is WITHIN YOU – RIGHT NOW! Luke 17:20-21
18. He invites us to “SEE” that we ARE Eternally Encircled in the Arms of His Love. 2 Nephi 1:15
19. He persuades us to enjoy the Sealing of the Holy Spirit of Promise – sealing us His. D&C 132:7 & Moses 6: 60-61
20. He entreats us to let Him “Be” our Bridegroom – to teach us what the New and Everlasting Covenant with Him Is.
21. He offers to “Be” Our Husband, our Beloved, that we may be His Bride – to Abide with Him and Be ONE With Him. He loves us with a PERFECT UNCHANGABLE Un-Conditional Love. We do not need to EARN that. We cannot – but we may Re-Ceive that Love and Allow Him to Re-Ceive us into his bosom.
22. He offers to Be our Shepherd, to feed us, to BE our Rock, Our Foundation, our Comforter, our constant Counselor, and our Advocate, our Infinite Sacrifice, Our Deliverer, Our Lord, The Spirit of Truth from the Beginning, the Creator of ALL THINGS, Our Heaven on Earth and ALWAYS - FOR-EV-ER.
HE IS THE VINE – the WHOLE PLANT – and we are branches ON that VINE. We can DO NOTHING without Him. John 15
23. He offers to Dwell in our Hearts continuously. (Alma 34) that we may actually KNOW the Only True God and thereby to Re-Ceive Eternal Life in UNITY With God. D&C 132,
He invites and pleads with us to BE “ONE” again with Him.
John 17 :19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through Me.
21 That they all may be One; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be One in us:
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be One, even as we are One:
23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be MADE perfect in One; and that the world may know that thou hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may RE-Ceive my glory.
26 And I have declared unto them thy NAME, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be IN them, and I IN them.
24. HE entreats us to come out of the darkness (of Self) into the marvelous Light of His Love. 1 Peter 2:9
25. He offers To RE-Veil understanding to us, which is already within us, but is covered up by our Ego Self.
26. He chooses to heal us, to convert us, to change our hearts with a MIGHTY CHANGE, to forgive and cleanse us our sinfulness. We may choose to allow Him to do that. He does not force us to accept or Re-Ceive.
27. He will go before us and be our strength and our Rearward. 2 Chron. 7:14
28. He offers to Put off our Natural man ego THROUGH His At-One-ment
29. If we choose to Re-Cieve Him, He will Comfort us, and Give us a Peace that is unknown to man, and help us get through our challenges, and help us learn through the experiences He gives us.
30. He yearns to let us know His love for us is PERFECT, unconditional, unchanging. And we may be Possessed by His Pure Love, without which ALL THINGS WILL FAIL. Mor. 7, 1 Cor 13
31. He so loved us that He condescended into mortality as a being of Flesh, and suffered ALL THINGS and rejection and horrible painful cruelty by us - FOR US! He came NOT to condemn us, but to Save us – to Deliver us, to RE-DEEM us.
32. He wills to Heal us from our Soul sickness and DIS-Ease – if we will just Look to Him IN ALL THINGS, Look upon the Staff, the ROD of iron, The Word of God – The Way, The Truth, The Life, The Light. But because of the Easiness of “The WAY”, many have not been willing to “LOOK”, to Come unto Him, and BE Healed.
33. Alma 42: He says: You may come and Re-Ceive the Waters of Life FREEEEELY. But those who WILL NOT come are NOT compelled to Come.
34. He has Gifted us “The Gospel” – what is that?
D&C 33: 11-13 This is My Gospel, that they shall have Faith IN Me, or they can in nowise be saved.
3 Ne 27:9-14 This is the Gospel that I have given you: that I came into the world to do the will of my Father, because my Father hath sent me (not to condemn, but to save), and my Father send me that I might be lifted up upon the cross, that I might draw all men unto Me.
D&C 76: 40 And This Is “The Gospel”, the glad tidings, which The Voice out of the heavens bore record;
41. That He came into the world, even Jesus, to be crucified for the world, and to bear the sins of the world, and to sanctify the world, and to cleanse it from all unrighteousness;
42. That through Him all might BE saved - whom the Father had put into His power and made by Him; 43. Who glorifies the Father, and saves ALL the works of His Hands.
3 Nephi 27: 13 Behold I have given unto you My Gospel, and this is The Gospel which I have given unto you: that I came into the world to do the will of my Father, because my Father sent me.
14 And my Father sent me that I might be lifted up upon the cross; and after that I had been lifted up upon the cross, that I might draw all men unto me.
D&C 33: 11 Yea, repent and be baptized, every one of you, for a remission of your sins; yea, be baptized even by water, and then cometh the baptism of fire and of the Holy Ghost. 12 Behold, verily, verily, I say unto you, this is My Gospel: remember that they shall have faith in me or they can in nowise be saved;
Ether 4: 18 Therefore, repent (turn to Me) all ye ends of the earth, Come unto Me, and believe in My Gospel, and be baptized (Immersed) in My Name; for he that believeth and is baptized (Immersed in ME) shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned; and signs shall follow them that believe in My NAME.
19 And blessed is he that is found faithful unto my NAME at the last day, for he shall be lifted up to dwell in the (HEAVEN) prepared for him from the foundation of the world. And behold it is I that hath spoken it, Ahman.
This is only the beginning of promises He has offered as Gifts to His Bride – if we choose to come out of the darkness of Self and COME unto Him – our true Home. What does that Mean to Come unto Me and ye shall Re-Ceive My Rest – the Fulness of My Glory? Well that is a subject for another time - SOON!
In the meantime, consider these Gifts He have offered freely and with all His Heart.
D&C 88: 33 For what doth it profit a man if a gift is bestowed upon him, and he receive not the gift? Behold, he rejoices not in that which is given unto him, neither rejoices in him who is the giver of the gift.
Luke 9: 25 For what doth it profit a man if he gain the whole world, and yet he receive Him not whom God hath (Sent), and he lose his own soul, and he himself be cast away?
Now read Ether 4 for another wonderful gift offered but not yet taken until we rend the veil of our unbelief in Him:
6 For the Lord said unto me: These (sealed writings) shall not go forth unto the Gentiles until the day that they shall repent of their iniquity, and become clean before the Lord.
7 And in that day that they shall exercise faith in Me, saith the Lord, even as the brother of Jared did, that they may become sanctified in me, then will I manifest unto them the things which the brother of Jared saw, even to the unfolding unto them all my revelations, saith Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Father of the heavens and of the earth, and all things that in them are.
8 And he that will contend against the Lord; and deny these things, unto them will I show no greater things, saith Jesus Christ; for I am he who speaketh.
9 And at my command the heavens are opened and are shut; and by my Word the earth shall shake; and at my command the inhabitants thereof shall pass away, even so as by fire.
10 And he that believeth not my words, know that it is I that speaketh, at the last day.
11 But he that believeth these things which I have spoken, him will I visit with the manifestations of my Spirit, and he shall know and bear record. For because of my Spirit he shall know that these things are true; for “My Spirit” persuadeth men to do good.
12 And whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do good is OF Me; for good cometh of none save it be OF Me. I am the same that leadeth men to all good; he that will not believe my words will not believe Me—that I am; For behold, I am the Father, I am the light, and the life, and the truth of the world.
13 Come unto me, O ye Gentiles, and I will show unto you the greater things, the knowledge which is hid up because of unbelief.
14 Come unto me, O ye house of Israel, and it shall be made manifest unto you how great things the Father hath laid up for you, from the foundation of the world; and it hath not come unto you, because of unbelief.
15 Behold, when ye shall rend that veil of unbelief which doth cause you to remain in your awful state of wickedness (iniquity), and hardness of heart, and blindness of mind, then shall the great and marvelous things which have been hid up from the foundation of the world from you—yea, when ye shall call upon the Father in my name, with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, then shall ye know that the Father hath remembered the covenant which he made unto you, O house of Israel.
16 And then shall my revelations which I have caused to be written by my servant John the Apostle be unfolded in the eyes of all the people. Remember, when ye see these things, ye shall know that the time is at hand that they shall be made manifest in very deed.
17 Therefore, when ye shall receive this record ye may know that the work of the Father has commenced upon all the face of the land.
18 Therefore, repent (turn to Me) all ye ends of the earth, come unto me, and believe in My gospel, and be baptized (Immersed) in My Name; for he that believeth and is baptized (Immersed in ME) shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned; and signs shall follow them that believe in My NAME.
19 And blessed is he that is found faithful unto my NAME at the last day, for he shall be lifted up to dwell in the (HEAVEN) prepared for him from the foundation of the world. And behold it is I that hath spoken it. Ahman.